Advanced Financial Analysis under Basel is an intense and pragmatic program during which delegates will achieve the following:
- Learn Analytical skills in line with Basel III recommendations including historical and future cash flows and sensitivity analysis
- Improve delegates’ ability to identify key risks, quantify their possible impact on cash flows and use financial indicators to assess them.
This program is tailor made to our client’s needs and derives its basis from the client’s Policy and Procedures and uses the client’s live cases in its exercises and case studies.
Who Should Attend?
This program will be ideal for:
- Seasoned Corporate Relationship Managers
- Seasoned Commercial/SME Relationship Managers
- Senior Credit Officers
- Other Senior Bankers interested in the effects of Basel III on their portfolio
- Credit Risk Controllers
- Credit Risk Managers
- Credit Auditors
The introduction of Basel II and III accords’ requirements brought new dimension to the way we conduct our businesses in the realm of assessing credit and extending facilities to our clients. The Global Credit meltdown and the European Countries’ debt problems have accelerated the review of the banks’ risk management and credit assessments. To this end this program was especially designed for those experienced officers to bring to fore the nuances required to perform within these guidelines. The program will cover the following:
- Cash flow Analysis – a refresher
- Risks under the Basel Accords
- Volatility Risk Analysis
- Projections and Sensitivity Analysis
- Facility Structuring
- Exercises and Case Studies
This full-time classroom training relies heavily on hands-on acquisition of skills through exercises and case studies. Participants are required to devote their time to the program which will also require after hours preparations. The use of MS Excel is one of the tools used in class to ensure that participants can create their own analysis.
Participants should have the following to qualify to attend this program:
- A very good command of Financial Accounting and banking experience of 3+ years in active lending or credit decisions
- Ideally those who have attended our CRM or AFAC programs at least 12-18 months earlier
- A laptop with MS Excel to use throughout the program and have a working experience with the handling of Excel