Contractor Finance is a program providing delegates with a perspective on both the Financial and Management sides of Contractor Financing. This is introduced through the demonstration on how to apply these techniques to live cases.
At the end of the program participants will be able to:
- Understand Contractor Finance and its various forms
- Create Cash Flow Projections and Manage Expectations
- Structure appropriate facilities to contractors
- Apply its principles to cases
Who Should Attend?
Corporate/Commercial Bankers and Credit Officers with a strong appreciation of cash flow and related analytics
The objectives of the course are to ensure that participants learn what is needed to run a Contractor Finance Business, covering the following aspects:
- How to evaluate contractors
- How to evaluate a Project
- How to structure a financing and credit package
For internal deliveries, an additional Product Program workshop can be added to this program (2 days).
The process presented during the program will help the participants to:
- Identify and evaluate risks involved with financing projects
- Understand the different phases of a project, from concept to final completion and commissioning
- Identify a policy to categorize a contractor applying for financing
- Help focus more on valuable credit issues and develop the participant’s credit skills and techniques
This full-time classroom training relies heavily on hands-on acquisition of skills through exercises and case studies. Participants are required to devote their time to the program which will also require after hours preparations. The use of MS Excel is one of the tools used in class to ensure that participants can create their own analysis.
Participants should have the following to qualify to attend this program:
- A very good command of Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Ideally those who have attended our CRM or AFAC programs at least 6-12 months earlier
- A laptop with MS Excel to use throughout the program and have a working experience with the handling of Excel