Treasury Management Simulation Game is an introduction to the fundamental Treasury Products used with a focus on Money Market and Foreign Exchange products. By attending this program delegates will be able to:
- Understand the products and how they interact in the markets
- Appreciate the risks that accompany these products and understand the methods used by the bank to control them through a simulation
- Be aware of the factors that affect the markets
Who Should Attend?
This program will be ideal for:
- Treasury new entrants
- Relationship Managers from the Corporate or Commercial bank
- SME officers
- Branch staff handling clients’ needs
- Operations and support staff
- Introduction to the Treasury and the Financial Markets
- Understanding the various parameters that control the markets
- Understanding the risks involved in the various products and how the bank controls them
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the markets and the factors that affect them
- The program will cover the following products:
– Money Market
– FX Spot
– FX Cross
– FX Forward
– FX SWAP
- The theory presented will be best absorbed and experienced through the simulation game conducted whereby participants are divided into teams, each representing a bank that will actively participate in an active market.
- Products are introduced slowly to give participants the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and practical expertise to handle them.
This full-time classroom training relies heavily on hands-on acquisition of skills through exercises and participation in the simulation. Participants are required to devote their time to the program which will also require after hours preparations. Knowledge assessment test will be conducted at the end of the program to complement the result obtained through the simulation game.
No prerequisites are needed to attend this program.
Three to five days depending on the simulation iterations used. For maximum benefit a full five days is recommended.